One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The bottoms of the dungaree were bell-bottomed.’
- ‘Jeans were bell-bottomed and were often decorated with beads, embroidery and paint.’
- ‘Fashion took a step backwards as people developed nostalgia for the 70's and started wearing bell-bottomed pants and lots of flannel.’
- ‘When I cleaned out the attic earlier this summer I unearthed it, along with some old scrapbooks and a pair of bell-bottomed jeans.’
- ‘During a downpour I saw two young girls wearing bell-bottomed jeans that were so long the hem waded through every puddle and water had soaked up to the back of their knees!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.