One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When I cleaned out the attic earlier this summer I unearthed it, along with some old scrapbooks and a pair of bell-bottomed jeans.’
- ‘During a downpour I saw two young girls wearing bell-bottomed jeans that were so long the hem waded through every puddle and water had soaked up to the back of their knees!’
- ‘Jeans were bell-bottomed and were often decorated with beads, embroidery and paint.’
- ‘The bottoms of the dungaree were bell-bottomed.’
- ‘Fashion took a step backwards as people developed nostalgia for the 70's and started wearing bell-bottomed pants and lots of flannel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.