One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Belgae.
- ‘Since this burial rite, and the accompanying types of vessels, can closely be paralleled in northern Gaul, a correlation with Belgic settlements seems very likely.’
- ‘Some of this was farmed for the Britannic market; there was even some colonization by Belgic tribes in the south-west.’
- ‘In 57 Julius marched against the Belgic tribes of the north-east, once again using the pretext of an attack on a tribe allied to Rome.’
- ‘In the course of the first century BC, Belgic culture became dominant in southern Britain.’
- ‘At first the Belgic tribes were subdued as far north as the Fosse Way.’
- ‘In early ancient times the land of Luxembourg was inhabited by two Belgic tribes named the Medioatrici and the Teveri.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.