One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Belgae.
- ‘Since this burial rite, and the accompanying types of vessels, can closely be paralleled in northern Gaul, a correlation with Belgic settlements seems very likely.’
- ‘In the course of the first century BC, Belgic culture became dominant in southern Britain.’
- ‘Some of this was farmed for the Britannic market; there was even some colonization by Belgic tribes in the south-west.’
- ‘In early ancient times the land of Luxembourg was inhabited by two Belgic tribes named the Medioatrici and the Teveri.’
- ‘In 57 Julius marched against the Belgic tribes of the north-east, once again using the pretext of an attack on a tribe allied to Rome.’
- ‘At first the Belgic tribes were subdued as far north as the Fosse Way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.