One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of deep rectangular kitchen sink, traditionally made of glazed white porcelain.
- ‘A doorway leads from the lounge through to the country-style kitchen with Belfast sink.’
- ‘The kitchen has been particularly nicely decorated - red fitted units are set against a grey mosaic splashback, a Belfast sink and white painted floorboards.’
- ‘The house includes a modern kitchen with attractive fitted wall and floor presses and a Belfast sink.’
- ‘Behind it, the kitchen features a Belfast sink, while the bathroom features a Victorian bath with shower attachment.’
- ‘The room also includes a Belfast sink and integrated appliances comprising a fridge, freezer, tumble dryer, washing machine and dishwasher.’
- ‘Beyond this, the small kitchen retains the original quarry-tiled floor as well as a Belfast sink, wooden wall and floor units and recessed lighting.’
- ‘Also in this part of the house are a storage room, shower room, a utility room with Belfast sink and three bedrooms, two with built-in wardrobes.’
- ‘This boasted a gas oven and a Belfast sink with cold water tap.’
- ‘That day she had stood behind her mother in the working kitchen and watched her back bent over the Belfast sink enclosed in pink vinyl apron.’
- ‘There is also a guest toilet with a white Belfast sink.’
- ‘A corridor from the kitchen leads past a pantry with Belfast sink and quarry tiled floor.’
- ‘The kitchen has granite worktops and a Belfast sink.’
- ‘The fitted kitchen has a Belfast sink, hob and integrated oven.’
- ‘The utility area includes a guest bathroom and Belfast sink, while the dining room has windows to the front, side and rear, allowing light to fill this room all day.’
- ‘Across the hall, the kitchen also retains its original wooden floors and is fitted with pine units, a Belfast sink and a colourfully tiled splashback.’
- ‘A utility room with slate tiled floor adjoins the kitchen; this has a Belfast sink and plumbing for a washing machine.’
- ‘The kitchen has a number of fitted units and a Belfast sink and the walls are exposed.’
- ‘There is also a Belfast sink and a gas hob and electric oven.’
- ‘The kitchen has a Belfast sink with modern taps.’
- ‘This has a country-style interior with a terracotta tiled floor, panelled ceiling, two-oven Aga and Belfast sink.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.