One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If the climber were to slip and fall, the belayer can tighten the rope with a moderate pull and instantly stop the climber's fall.’
- ‘The belayer calls out: ‘Do you want to come down?’’
- ‘In recent times I could not bring myself to jump off a platform to a trapeze even though I was in a full body harness and belayed by not one but two belayers.’
- ‘If you're leading, think about the position of your belayers and bystanders if you should pull something off.’
- ‘The climber will tie into one end of the rope and the belayer will take up slack from the other end using his belaying device.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.