One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If you're leading, think about the position of your belayers and bystanders if you should pull something off.’
- ‘In recent times I could not bring myself to jump off a platform to a trapeze even though I was in a full body harness and belayed by not one but two belayers.’
- ‘The belayer calls out: ‘Do you want to come down?’’
- ‘The climber will tie into one end of the rope and the belayer will take up slack from the other end using his belaying device.’
- ‘If the climber were to slip and fall, the belayer can tighten the rope with a moderate pull and instantly stop the climber's fall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.