Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘He did not have before him the example of Taylor's belatedness.’
- ‘I apologize for my belatedness, but you seemed to have managed just fine on your own.’
- ‘Marina rolled her eyes - why did she get the feeling that belatedness was inherited from her mother's side of the family?’
- ‘I apologise for the belatedness, because these correspondents were ahead of the curve.’
- ‘Because of the belatedness of capitalist development, the working class was numerically too weak to carry out the democratic and national struggle.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.