One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Later than should have been the case.‘the High Command had belatedly altered its tactics’
- ‘This will reduce the risk of the will remaining unknown or being found belatedly.’
- ‘The art world is belatedly catching up to this trailblazing figure.’
- ‘Any further postponements so belatedly in the year would be close enough to a disaster.’
- ‘Dismayed by the prospect of general mayhem, officials belatedly summoned the National Guard.’
- ‘Talks collapsed on Wednesday after management had belatedly sought to undermine the deal.’
- ‘Just a few days ago, these war veterans belatedly realized their dream of seeing a monument to their courage opened on Washington's Mall.’
- ‘He would become a regional artist, belatedly indebted to the late Cezanne.’
- ‘The artist has been belatedly credited in the new film, a vindication he is reported to have accepted grudgingly.’
- ‘It was only belatedly that I heard he had undergone a heart bypass operation.’
- ‘His claims about her logic indicate, however belatedly, his response to her pointed opposition to his poetics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.