One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Later than should have been the case.‘the High Command had belatedly altered its tactics’
- ‘The art world is belatedly catching up to this trailblazing figure.’
- ‘This will reduce the risk of the will remaining unknown or being found belatedly.’
- ‘Just a few days ago, these war veterans belatedly realized their dream of seeing a monument to their courage opened on Washington's Mall.’
- ‘It was only belatedly that I heard he had undergone a heart bypass operation.’
- ‘The artist has been belatedly credited in the new film, a vindication he is reported to have accepted grudgingly.’
- ‘He would become a regional artist, belatedly indebted to the late Cezanne.’
- ‘Talks collapsed on Wednesday after management had belatedly sought to undermine the deal.’
- ‘Dismayed by the prospect of general mayhem, officials belatedly summoned the National Guard.’
- ‘His claims about her logic indicate, however belatedly, his response to her pointed opposition to his poetics.’
- ‘Any further postponements so belatedly in the year would be close enough to a disaster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.