Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
adjective & noun
- ‘At the same time, new institutionalism recognized that formal institutions were more important than behaviouralists had suggested.’
- ‘For behaviouralists, institutions were relatively uninteresting compared to the behaviour of political actors.’
- ‘I shall leave it to others to use a behavioralist sampling and questionnaire method to confirm it.’
- ‘This is a nice piece, which summarizes the behavioralist theory and its implications pretty well for laymen.’
- ‘Neorealists responded that behaviouralists had failed to appreciate the essential characteristics of a systemic theory.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.