One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scientific study of human and animal behaviour.
- ‘This Cambridge Center site reports the very latest in behavioral science.’
- ‘Mook has argued that in much behavioural science, obtaining generalizable results is not the primary research goal.’
- ‘Modern behavioural science has shown that our cognitive apparatus has considerably less influence over our actions than does our emotional machinery.’
- ‘You can't change a horse's instincts, but you can learn how to work with them, and the increasing interest in behavioural science and horse psychology is bound to boom.’
- ‘Now, people have a more prudent perspective of this branch of behavioural science and understand its validity.’
- ‘They include dog massage, canine anatomy, behavioural science and dog psychology.’
- ‘The staff who are drawn from various departments are given training in behavioural science and communication skills to ensure customer satisfaction.’
- ‘In biology your focal point would probably be some problem in a subdiscipline such as anatomy, behavioral science, ecology, embryology, genetics, or physiology.’
- ‘In popular behavioural science, evolution is routinely invoked to explain a vast array of behaviours, physiological characteristics, demographic patterns, and mortality data.’
- ‘Psychologists underscored the importance of military-backed research in behavioral science.’
- ‘Because of its complexity, behavioral medicine should become an integrated scientific field at the crossroads of the natural and social sciences; applying behavioral science in medicine can help realize this integration.’
- ‘Through the introduction of the theory, he was instead proposing nothing short a scientific revolution for the entire field of human behavioral science.’
- ‘Between the 1950s and 1989, training in behavioral medicine and behavioral science was not provided in medical schools.’
- ‘Psychology holds unique promise for promoting understanding using behavioral science to advance public knowledge, while fighting the adverse effects of prejudice and ignorance.’
- ‘Q. Can you elaborate on how behavioral science can be applied to these disorders?’
- ‘He responded, ‘Yes, that's right, it's got a lot to do with social science, behavioural science, communication theory and market research.’’
- ‘By using behavioral science, while raising the social and economic standing of many of our citizens, we all can look forward to a healthier nation.’
- ‘In general, they are still learning how to incorporate behavioral science into their practices.’
- ‘The importance of behavioral medicine and behavioral science in medical schools in both Europe and the United States is increasingly recognized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.