One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of neurotic symptoms by training the patient's reactions to stimuli.
- ‘Increasingly, the evidence suggests that combining drug therapy with cognitive behavior therapy can be effective.’
- ‘Treatment may involve a combined approach including medications and behavior therapy designed to help you gain control of your anxiety.’
- ‘Treatments include individual psychotherapy, family therapy, behavior therapy, and self-help groups.’
- ‘Medication and/or behavior therapy should be started’
- ‘It shows that behavior therapy for chronic insomnia should be a first-line treatment, which is currently not the case.’
- ‘After successful weight loss, the likelihood of weight-loss maintenance is enhanced by a program consisting of dietary therapy, physical activity, and behavior therapy, which should be continued indefinitely.’
- ‘Coupled with weight management, exercise programmes and behaviour therapy, the two treatments have been shown to reduce weight.’
- ‘Sometimes non-drug treatments such as cognitive behaviour therapy may also be used.’
- ‘No other medications were allowed during the trial and patients were not permitted to have behavior therapy.’
- ‘Although cognitive behaviour therapy is a promising treatment, its application is limited by the number of available practitioners; few general practitioners have the necessary training.’
- ‘But behavior therapy and family counseling are valuable complements to drug therapy.’
- ‘Young drug users exposed to behavior therapy for 12 months achieve a mean of 8.9 drug-free months compared with 0.6 in the nonintervention group.’
- ‘Fourth, the evidence for some interventions such as behavior therapy and counseling come from just one or two studies while others, such as family therapy and schools interventions, are based on a larger number of studies.’
- ‘They include, behavior therapy, family therapy, school interventions particularly life-skills interventions, residential care, and non-hospital day programs.’
- ‘Antidepressants may reduce symptoms in many cases, and behavior therapy, a psychological treatment, may help others.’
- ‘One common treatment is cognitive behaviour therapy where the sufferer explores his fears and thoughts in social situations and is helped to develop effective coping strategies.’
- ‘Medication along with specific behaviour therapy is effective in controlling the symptoms.’
- ‘Therapists skilled in cognitive behavior therapy can help you master this powerful technique.’
- ‘There is accumulating evidence that cognitive behaviour therapy can result in significant clinical benefit to these patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.