Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See beguilingas submodifier ‘the idea is beguilingly simple’
- ‘The water can be beguilingly beautiful.’
- ‘The first mile or so was a beguilingly easy woodland walk, followed by a series of steep climbs and descents through forests of conifers.’
- ‘Just as the world is being over taken by photography, something as beguilingly simple as Ross's work comes along and reminds you of the power of painting.’
- ‘Fortunately, at his best Faber writes so beguilingly that we enjoy the journey even if we never quite reach the promised destination.’
- ‘Do not be beguiled by retailers who want to sell you a thin wetsuit if you are going there between November and May.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.