One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See beguilingas submodifier ‘the idea is beguilingly simple’
- ‘The water can be beguilingly beautiful.’
- ‘Do not be beguiled by retailers who want to sell you a thin wetsuit if you are going there between November and May.’
- ‘The first mile or so was a beguilingly easy woodland walk, followed by a series of steep climbs and descents through forests of conifers.’
- ‘Just as the world is being over taken by photography, something as beguilingly simple as Ross's work comes along and reminds you of the power of painting.’
- ‘Fortunately, at his best Faber writes so beguilingly that we enjoy the journey even if we never quite reach the promised destination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.