One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See beguilingas submodifier ‘the idea is beguilingly simple’
- ‘Just as the world is being over taken by photography, something as beguilingly simple as Ross's work comes along and reminds you of the power of painting.’
- ‘The first mile or so was a beguilingly easy woodland walk, followed by a series of steep climbs and descents through forests of conifers.’
- ‘Fortunately, at his best Faber writes so beguilingly that we enjoy the journey even if we never quite reach the promised destination.’
- ‘Do not be beguiled by retailers who want to sell you a thin wetsuit if you are going there between November and May.’
- ‘The water can be beguilingly beautiful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.