One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The teller continued to argue the point before begrudgingly conceding her demand was against bank policy.’
- ‘So I begrudgingly agreed that we would cook something.’
- ‘‘Fine you can go to your party,’ he said begrudgingly as Melissa let out a triumphant cheer.’
- ‘And I begrudgingly have to admit they probably deserved to win.’
- ‘As ever, Elsie had been more interested in shoes, but had begrudgingly agreed to join me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.