One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Go away (as an expression of annoyance)‘begone from my sight!’
go away, depart, leave, take off, get out, get out of my sightView synonyms
- ‘I warn you, stand aside, let me pass, and begone before the Lord hears of this, for I am no mere slave, and he will not take your actions lightly.’
- ‘‘Evil Demon, begone,’ she repeated the words aloud in a whisper.’
- ‘Everyone goes to bed rich and happy, and that's the important thing, questions begone.’
- ‘Now begone with you, you are all filthy and full of worms!’
- ‘Very well, now begone; I still have planning to do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.