One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dressed in or covered with furs.‘befurred ladies’
- ‘Visions of befurred merchants poring over parchment maps spring to mind.’
- ‘The racing cap and goggles, the driving gloves, the gray woolen scarf tossed over his befurred shoulder ever so becomingly?’
- ‘Bejeweled and befurred, she toured the town in her car with Colorado license plate No.1.’
- ‘The perfumed, pearled, befurred women were out in force.’
- ‘With wonderful ill-grace, the film star, Michael Rennie, gets up with his befurred lady, and departs.’
- ‘The small door at the rear opened, and a woman, befurred and muffled, came in on a wave of frost.’
- ‘Singer songwriter Thomas has supported befurred hip-hop superstar P Diddy and worked with Gospel's finest, including The Clarke Sisters.’
- ‘Marni, Versace, and Roberto Cavalli all sent out a rollicking parade of befurred models to seal a big trend for fall.’
- ‘His vesture was befurred with otter skin from head to toe.’
- ‘I still remember the days when a befurred member of the concert society huffily walked out in the middle of the Fugue muttering about the assault to her ears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.