One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dressed in or covered with furs.‘befurred ladies’
- ‘The small door at the rear opened, and a woman, befurred and muffled, came in on a wave of frost.’
- ‘I still remember the days when a befurred member of the concert society huffily walked out in the middle of the Fugue muttering about the assault to her ears.’
- ‘Marni, Versace, and Roberto Cavalli all sent out a rollicking parade of befurred models to seal a big trend for fall.’
- ‘Bejeweled and befurred, she toured the town in her car with Colorado license plate No.1.’
- ‘Visions of befurred merchants poring over parchment maps spring to mind.’
- ‘With wonderful ill-grace, the film star, Michael Rennie, gets up with his befurred lady, and departs.’
- ‘The racing cap and goggles, the driving gloves, the gray woolen scarf tossed over his befurred shoulder ever so becomingly?’
- ‘The perfumed, pearled, befurred women were out in force.’
- ‘Singer songwriter Thomas has supported befurred hip-hop superstar P Diddy and worked with Gospel's finest, including The Clarke Sisters.’
- ‘His vesture was befurred with otter skin from head to toe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.