One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Before the due or expected time.
premature, early, too early, too soon, before timeView synonyms
- ‘But I don't think there's any real excuse for those who left before time.’
- ‘But the enchanting music is here well before time.’
- ‘With an equal drive and devotion to achieving what some would think impossible, unrealistic targets were set very early and reached well before time.’
- ‘Not before time he has been served with an anti-social behaviour order.’
- ‘He was very efficient and though there were 3 of us in the rickshaw instead of the usual 2, he got us to Puraniya crossing well before time.’
- ‘Not before time, an organised effort is under way to raise the standard of management and leadership in Scotland's public sector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.