One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Before the due or expected time.
premature, early, too early, too soon, before timeView synonyms
- ‘But I don't think there's any real excuse for those who left before time.’
- ‘Not before time he has been served with an anti-social behaviour order.’
- ‘With an equal drive and devotion to achieving what some would think impossible, unrealistic targets were set very early and reached well before time.’
- ‘Not before time, an organised effort is under way to raise the standard of management and leadership in Scotland's public sector.’
- ‘He was very efficient and though there were 3 of us in the rickshaw instead of the usual 2, he got us to Puraniya crossing well before time.’
- ‘But the enchanting music is here well before time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.