One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Before one can do anything.‘we were frogmarched off to meet him before we had time to draw breath’
- ‘The one sure thing you can say about the media, is that they can have it printed before you can draw breath.’
- ‘Show some people a hammer and they will be nailing shelves to the wall before you can draw breath.’
- ‘These ladies are super quick, and will fill your bowl before you can draw breath.’
- ‘Before you can draw breath the media are reporting doom and gloom in bucketloads.’
- ‘Some piercers use a local anesthetic, but a good one will be finished before you can draw breath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.