One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Before one can do anything.‘we were frogmarched off to meet him before we had time to draw breath’
- ‘The one sure thing you can say about the media, is that they can have it printed before you can draw breath.’
- ‘These ladies are super quick, and will fill your bowl before you can draw breath.’
- ‘Before you can draw breath the media are reporting doom and gloom in bucketloads.’
- ‘Some piercers use a local anesthetic, but a good one will be finished before you can draw breath.’
- ‘Show some people a hammer and they will be nailing shelves to the wall before you can draw breath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.