One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's befittingly big, long and full of intense twists and turns.’
- ‘The day was the climax of elaborate festivities to commemorate, and befittingly so, Zambia's peaceful journey of 40 years.’
- ‘The doors, befittingly, were huge, wooden monstrosities that creaked and led into a small atrium, with two more doors at the other end.’
- ‘Ali stepped over the hill, carrying herself befittingly of the princess she looked like.’
- ‘The majority of the audience was represented by parents of children who are currently in grades 11 or 12, and who will be the guinea pigs, as one mother befittingly put it, for the new admissions systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.