One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the German composer Ludwig van Beethoven, his music, or his theories of musical composition.‘a compelling Beethovenian influence at work’
- ‘The majestic outer sections reflect an unashamedly Beethovenian grandeur.’
- ‘The Beethovenian classical structure is still there and the music has an amazing vigour.’
- ‘An early symphony shows his Beethovenian sympathies.’
- ‘The music is Beethovenian in the depth of feeling it provokes.’
- ‘His first piano sonata, string quartet and chamber ensemble pieces are Beethovenian in form and content.’
1An admirer of the German composer Ludwig van Beethoven.‘this is a most interesting CD which should commend itself to all true Beethovenians’
- ‘Beethovians engaged in few pre-writing activities and preferred to compose rough first drafts immediately.’
- ‘I make my bow to the assembled and enraged Beethovians.’
- ‘The true Beethovian will buy more than one.’
- 1.1 A performer of the music of the German composer Ludwig van Beethoven.‘the pianist is currently one of the master Beethovenians’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.