One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A group of roistering guys and gals grinned beerily over a table thickly covered with bottles and glasses.’
- ‘But she did manage, while admiring everything, to open every cupboard while he breathed heavily and beerily beside her.’
- ‘"Youre lovely, he breathed beerily.’
- ‘Ate meat, shot of fireworks, skinned possums, had a square dance under the moon wearing goat's skulls, all the usual stuff complete with pictures of people holding up beers and smiling, beerily.’
- ‘But do I sit about in pubs beerily boring friends and strangers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.