One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A public house licensed to sell beer but not spirits.
- ‘Residents and visitors to the city may have already noticed the wooden beerhouse that has been shipped over from Bavaria especially for the event.’
- ‘So off we set down the beerhouse.’
- ‘Annakin was in fact the best darts and dominoes player in the Adelphi Inn, a beerhouse near to his place of work.’
- ‘The pub is now a mix between a Swiss skiing lodge and an Austrian beerhouse.’
- ‘These were the women, also known as alewives, who in olden times home brewed the tipple for the dozens of little independent beerhouses they operated in the area, many of which evolved into full-scale pubs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.