One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for beer engine
- ‘Foremost is a traditional beer pump that landlord Jim Hardie has resurrected from the attic, where he found four others, and hopes some of the more engineer-minded drinkers may be able to return to working order.’
- ‘Instead of the standard beer pump, it comes out of a giant tap.’
- ‘Of particular pride to Andy is the fancy new beer pump in the downstairs bar, which at present supplies Budvar and Lowenbrau lager.’
- ‘It was chaos because I hardly had any staff on - my hand was shaking on the beer pump.’
- ‘Some of the interesting artefacts in the museum include a fully equipped early 20th century bar, complete with beer pumps and memorabilia from a day when the public house was strictly a male preserve.’
- ‘We didn't bank on both beer pumps running out right at the point of ordering our 3 drinks though.’
- ‘She called into the bar cellar, where Brad was attaching the new beer pump.’
- ‘Friday night he and I gathered round the beer pumps of the King's Arms and put the world to rights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.