One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a hotel or tavern where beer is served.
- ‘It was not hard advice to follow when I was growing up because all of Ontario was then ‘dry‘and my home town was one of the last to allow the existence of a beer parlor.’’
- ‘They play it two or three times a week at Svejk, a pub fashioned in the style of a Czech beer parlour.’
- ‘Prompted by a temperance movement, voters in 1955 were asked whether the local beer parlor should be thrown out.’
- ‘An old beer parlour and hotel sits downtown, and you can't turn a corner without finding a house of worship.’
- ‘It also encourages the proliferation of beer parlours and bars, both in public and private sectors, ostensibly for promoting tourism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.