One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a hotel or tavern where beer is served.
- ‘An old beer parlour and hotel sits downtown, and you can't turn a corner without finding a house of worship.’
- ‘It also encourages the proliferation of beer parlours and bars, both in public and private sectors, ostensibly for promoting tourism.’
- ‘Prompted by a temperance movement, voters in 1955 were asked whether the local beer parlor should be thrown out.’
- ‘They play it two or three times a week at Svejk, a pub fashioned in the style of a Czech beer parlour.’
- ‘It was not hard advice to follow when I was growing up because all of Ontario was then ‘dry‘and my home town was one of the last to allow the existence of a beer parlor.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.