One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A garden, typically one attached to a pub, where beer is served.
- ‘A beer garden has recently been built at the back.’
- ‘Then head for the beer garden overlooking the sea.’
- ‘Manuel occasionally organises charity quiz nights and there is a beer garden for balmy summer days.’
- ‘Hopefully I can find a beer garden and enjoy my Bulmers in peace.’
- ‘A big party had been organised in a beer garden for thursday night, and everyone was going, so we went to an Italian restaurant and then karaoke instead.’
- ‘It is a spacious, well laid-out pub, with a cosy beer garden out back.’
- ‘With its large beer garden and patio full of play equipment for children, it is also ideal for a run out from the city for a family pub lunch.’
- ‘When they reopened, everything was cream and beige, the bar had moved, and the beer garden had been expanded.’
- ‘The heated beer garden to the rear is particularly pleasant.’
- ‘The back garden is used as a beer garden and contains a seating area and separate toilets.’
- ‘At one stage Del and I were sitting in the beer garden.’
- ‘We decided to visit one of the big pubs in the area and sat in the leafy beer garden by the water, eating fresh seafood and chips.’
- ‘Enjoy a drink in the pub, or lounge in the beer garden.’
- ‘Out the back, my friend's voices rise merrily above the beer garden.’
- ‘The river flows past the bottom of our beer garden.’
- ‘The Village Inn has a wonderful beer garden and decking area, which allow you to sit outside and drink in the view - along with a pint or two.’
- ‘Great food, an awesome beer garden, well-stocked bar and the service is excellent’
- ‘A very nice riverside pub offering tremendously high-quality food and a splendid beer garden.’
- ‘The plan for tonight was to spend the evening in the beer garden enjoying the wonderful warm weather that we've had for the last couple of days.’
- ‘In the evening there was a BBQ dinner for many of the people attending the conference, held in the beer garden at the back of the Hotel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.