One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
often with negative Amusement or enjoyment.‘life isn't all beer and skittles’
pleasure, entertainment, enjoyment, amusement, excitement, gratificationView synonyms
- ‘And as he said, working in China isn't all beer and skittles.’
- ‘Long term intense relationships have parts where you have to work at it - it ain't all beer and skittles.’
- ‘For the elderly, the late life period is not one of beer and skittles, but rather one of transition and adjustment to loss.’
- ‘So there you go, it's not all beer and skittles being top dog.’
- ‘As we well know, the writer's life is all beer and skittles, answerable to no-one, making vast fortunes from every stroke of the pen… and those fabulous public engagements, reading to masses of adoring fans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.