One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After the hive adventure, I now truly appreciate the effort, from bees and dedicated bee-keepers alike, that goes into the honey I slather on to toast or drizzle over porridge.’
- ‘The province boasts 14,000 bee-keepers that on average produce 88 kilogrammes of honey each and a total of 1,000 tonnes of bees wax annually.’
- ‘Mr Gregory, like most bee-keepers, says he has become attached to his bees and greatly enjoys producing the honey.’
- ‘He was also a famous bee-keeper and one of the first Dutchmen to publish a book about bee-keeping.’
- ‘Richard's father kept bees in the 1930s, but he became a bee-keeper because he was worried about the wild bees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.