Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Once I dumped my preconceptions I was able to appreciate the spare subtlety and deep beefiness of the northern variety.’
- ‘It will add an extraordinary beefiness to the dish.’
- ‘Its like the best beef ever created, only with more beefiness and less stuff that doesn't taste like beef…’
- ‘Tangy at first but with a hint of robust beefiness.’
- ‘The sheer beefiness of these cards is impressive.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.