One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is not as light as some fiberglass boats, but it seems very beefily constructed.’
- ‘Several fans spot him and he trots through the stage door, but not before clasping my hand beefily.’
- ‘Bizarrely light for being the richest, tenderest, most beefily flavorful beef ribs Ive ever had, if I do say so myself.’
- ‘Light rail is, literally, lighter than commuter rail the cars aren't as beefily designed, and they are not allowed to operate on freight lines.’
- ‘Kasarova, here beefily attired in dowdy colours, looks as if she ‘works out’ in the local gym: one is surprised the ugly sisters weren't covered in bruises from her solid left hooks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.