One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is not as light as some fiberglass boats, but it seems very beefily constructed.’
- ‘Several fans spot him and he trots through the stage door, but not before clasping my hand beefily.’
- ‘Light rail is, literally, lighter than commuter rail the cars aren't as beefily designed, and they are not allowed to operate on freight lines.’
- ‘Kasarova, here beefily attired in dowdy colours, looks as if she ‘works out’ in the local gym: one is surprised the ugly sisters weren't covered in bruises from her solid left hooks.’
- ‘Bizarrely light for being the richest, tenderest, most beefily flavorful beef ribs Ive ever had, if I do say so myself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.