One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat round cake of minced beef, fried or grilled and typically eaten in a bun.
- ‘Thieves stole a box of 100 beefburgers from a barbecue at Purton carnival.’
- ‘I had a beefburger with salad for €3.55.’
- ‘Time to cook my tea, a lovely large beefburger from my local butcher.’
- ‘The barbecue did a roaring trade and several hundred beefburgers and hot dogs were sold.’
- ‘And from the start of the next academic year new, although as yet unspecified, standards on the content of processed foods like beefburgers, sausages and cakes will be introduced with a view to reducing fat, salt and sugar consumption.’
- ‘Here you will find pies, sausages, extra large beefburgers, all made on the premises fit to grace the finest of tables, not to mention the high-quality meats available.’
- ‘Freshly-made soups were hot, wholesome and tasty, the homemade beefburger was a thick, meaty challenge for the appetite, while the warm pasta salad and mushroom risotto was beautifully presented.’
- ‘Manufacturers could have to cut the amount of salt in beefburgers, bread, breakfast cereals, sausages and baked beans.’
- ‘Successes include organic beefburgers made with meat from a farm near Petersfield.’
- ‘Only the beefburgers and pork kebabs were slightly dry.’
- ‘Half an hour later, I left laden with gammon steaks, beefburgers, bacon, a side of beef, poultry, a bag of aubergines and two dozen eggs - all from local producers.’
- ‘There are some nights when only a decent beefburger will do, don't you find?’
- ‘Prior to 1986 all beef from our old cows was going into ready-prepared meals such as beefburgers and hamburgers.’
- ‘A turkey burger is sweeter and lighter than a beefburger and can be teamed with all or any of your favourite burger toppings, from melted cheese to mustard or dill pickles.’
- ‘I finished my beefburger and left a few of the more soggy french fries lying in a puddle of brown sauce.’
- ‘Suzanne picked up her beefburger.’
- ‘They even make beefburgers - but only with the leanest beef, using a grill to get rid of most of the fat.’
- ‘‘No,’ said I, taking a hulking bite out of the nicest beefburger I've ever tasted.’
- ‘Apart from the beefburgers and sausages that were left in the fridge, of course;’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.