One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Northern Australia) an all-weather road used for transporting beef cattle to market from remote areas.‘nearly one hour up the beef road and it was already a hot morning’
- ‘The coverage of the beef-road network is quite good, but many segments are impassable in the wet still.’
- ‘It was designed as a beef road to move cattle from the isolated stations to abattoirs.’
- ‘They've canvassed the idea of money for roads in the outback areas, what we call the beef roads, and that'll basically to help develop the cattle industry further.’
- ‘The Victoria Highway was originally intended as a beef road to transport cattle and was constructed as a narrow road.’
- ‘Over many years these bush and beef roads have been excluded from the government's Roads to Recovery funding program.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.