One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Northern Australia) an all-weather road used for transporting beef cattle to market from remote areas.‘nearly one hour up the beef road and it was already a hot morning’
- ‘Over many years these bush and beef roads have been excluded from the government's Roads to Recovery funding program.’
- ‘The coverage of the beef-road network is quite good, but many segments are impassable in the wet still.’
- ‘It was designed as a beef road to move cattle from the isolated stations to abattoirs.’
- ‘They've canvassed the idea of money for roads in the outback areas, what we call the beef roads, and that'll basically to help develop the cattle industry further.’
- ‘The Victoria Highway was originally intended as a beef road to transport cattle and was constructed as a narrow road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.