Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘the seared venison loin and beef bourguignon were delicious’another term for boeuf bourguignon
- ‘These restaurants were known for serving excellent but affordable country-style food, dishes such as coq au vin and beef bourguignon.’
- ‘Cover the beef bourguignon and simmer for 2-3 mins, basting the meat and vegetables with the sauce several times.’
- ‘My husband had the beef bourguignon and that was really really delicious.’
- ‘With the accent on everything French this time around, you may want to try the chicken cordon bleu or beef bourguignon.’
- ‘The restaurant specializes in hearty dishes such as beef bourguignon.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.