One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wound from the sting of a bee.‘those who are allergic to bee stings may have an adverse reaction to pollen’
- ‘Plantain leaves are good for bee stings.’
- ‘Those who suffer from hay fever, or who are allergic to bee stings, however, may have an adverse reaction to pollen.’
- ‘Some people have severe, even deadly, reactions to bee stings.’
- ‘For bee stings, mix bicarbonate of soda with water into a paste and spread directly on the affected area.’
- ‘A searing pain in the sole of my foot told me it was a bee sting.’
- ‘Even if a person has been stung before with no reaction, he or she can still have an allergic reaction to a bee sting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.