One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Honey or pollen used as food by bees.
- ‘The bee bread becomes the food for larvae, once hatched, allowing them to spend the winter underground, and emerge the next spring as an adult.’
- ‘They take care of the baby bees and feed them bee bread.’
- ‘The wax cuttings were put into the cages with the honey workers and bee bread.’
- ‘This so-called bee bread is used later by the young bees to make pap, bee milk or jelly for the larvae.’
- ‘Eggs hatch into larvae that feed on the bee bread in their cells.’
- ‘The eggs hatch in 2 to 3 days and each larva develops within their own chamber, using the bee bread as a food source.’
- ‘In the first case, it appears that something is present in the infected hives which are detectable in both bee bread and honey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.