One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a pair of thick socks worn for extra warmth in bed.
- ‘And they all stepped aside and there he was and I said thank god and I woke up sweating and cold, even with bedsocks on.’
- ‘And I've come to the conclusion that I can't live anywhere without a summer, I refuse to believe that wearing thick coats in August and bedsocks, like some 90 year old granny counts as summer!’
- ‘Ever since society stopped expecting those approaching 60 to put on bedsocks, a new generation of thirtysomethings have had to come to terms with fretting over their parents' irresponsible behaviour.’
- ‘Wear bedsocks at night if necessary.’
- ‘I wear bedsocks and warm my feet on one hot water bottle and my hands on the other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.