One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a pair of thick socks worn for extra warmth in bed.
- ‘And I've come to the conclusion that I can't live anywhere without a summer, I refuse to believe that wearing thick coats in August and bedsocks, like some 90 year old granny counts as summer!’
- ‘I wear bedsocks and warm my feet on one hot water bottle and my hands on the other.’
- ‘And they all stepped aside and there he was and I said thank god and I woke up sweating and cold, even with bedsocks on.’
- ‘Ever since society stopped expecting those approaching 60 to put on bedsocks, a new generation of thirtysomethings have had to come to terms with fretting over their parents' irresponsible behaviour.’
- ‘Wear bedsocks at night if necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.