One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sleeping bag or other bedding rolled into a bundle.
- ‘Curious, he went toward the light and after his eyes adjusted, saw a crude camp of sorts, with a small fire going, four bedrolls, and what appeared to be a cache of foodstuffs.’
- ‘It was not until they were banking the fire and breaking out bedrolls to sleep on the beach that Dan finally found Sammy fast asleep amid the stack of blankets, hours ahead of them into dream land.’
- ‘Smiling to myself I realised that Tina must have put me into the bedroll whilst I was asleep as it couldn't have been me.’
- ‘The three brothers spread their bedrolls out beside the fire and even though their minds were racing they fell a sleep quickly.’
- ‘As I nestle into my bedroll and blanket, I gaze up at the sky and see that a couple of stars have come out and also a gibbous moon has risen in the north.’
- ‘Young boys carrying bedrolls start pestering passengers to hire a roll for a good night's sleep.’
- ‘They all laid out their bedrolls and blankets in a corner.’
- ‘We all finished about the same time and Delilah took the plates to a nearby creak while the rest of us slipped into our bedrolls.’
- ‘They ate the food, placed their bedrolls on the ground, and went to sleep.’
- ‘Shrugging I put the bottle in my backpack and started to roll up my bedroll.’
- ‘As I headed for my tent I looked around at the men wrapped in their bedrolls on the ground and wondered if they slept easy or dreamt of some useless battle that should never be.’
- ‘‘I'm going to go to sleep,’ Callio announced and pulled his bedroll out of the wagon.’
- ‘They chatter, well argue drunkenly anyhow, until around 4am before going to bed in their own separate bedrolls.’
- ‘He scooped her up and took her over to the bedrolls, laying her down there and covering her with a blanket.’
- ‘Unrolling his bedroll, Muammar made himself as comfortable as possible, dreams of power and glory still filling his head.’
- ‘I grinned at him as I lifted the sleeping Maddie up and lay her on her bedroll under the wagon.’
- ‘She changed, spread her bedroll out, and laid down to rest.’
- ‘The inside was roomier than he'd expected, with a bedroll, table, and a pair of makeshift chairs taking up the back half of the tent space.’
- ‘Phineas Brock stretched out atop his bedroll beside the campfire, folded his arms under his head and gazed up at the crowded night sky.’
- ‘When finished listening, Altair made his way back to his horse, undid his bedroll, and began preparing to sleep.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.