One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1in combination (of a place) having a specified number or type of beds.‘a twin-bedded room’
(of rock) deposited in layers of strata.‘thinly bedded carbonate mudstones’
- ‘The sedimentary rocks are well bedded and dominated by mudstones with beds 2-5 metres thick.’
- ‘Some of the bedded sandstone inclusions were folded prior to inclusion within the melange.’
- ‘The thinner bedded sandstones are considered overbank flood deposits.’
- ‘This is the only location where bedded sedimentary rocks were observed to be in direct contact with the pillow basalts.’
- ‘The age of the tuff collected from bedded volcanic rocks newly exposed in the quarry at Bardon Hill is less easy to interpret.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.