Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1[in combination] (of a place) having a specified number or type of beds.‘a twin-bedded room’
(of rock) deposited in layers of strata.‘thinly bedded carbonate mudstones’
- ‘The thinner bedded sandstones are considered overbank flood deposits.’
- ‘Some of the bedded sandstone inclusions were folded prior to inclusion within the melange.’
- ‘The age of the tuff collected from bedded volcanic rocks newly exposed in the quarry at Bardon Hill is less easy to interpret.’
- ‘The sedimentary rocks are well bedded and dominated by mudstones with beds 2-5 metres thick.’
- ‘This is the only location where bedded sedimentary rocks were observed to be in direct contact with the pillow basalts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.