Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Sexually attractive or available.
good-looking, attractive, nice-looking, handsome, lovely, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture, stunning, striking, arresting, prepossessing, winning, fetching, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, engaging, charming, charismatic, enchanting, appealing, delightful, irresistibleView synonyms
- ‘He had trouble with women as equals - women to him were either beddable or they weren't.’
- ‘Mary, many thanks for steaming up my screen tonight with the beddable hunk.’
- ‘The men in this neighborhood made no pretense about who they thought were beddable.’
- ‘Bernard is in love with the highly beddable Lenina.’
- ‘He was a honey-voiced charmer, as effective with judges as with voters and beddable women.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.