One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sheets, pillowcases, and duvet covers.
- ‘Every room is themed to a wine producer and features ‘deluge’ showers, luxurious towels, Egyptian cotton bedlinen adorning vast beds, DVD players and tasteful neutral decor.’
- ‘Clothes, bedlinen, towels, curtains and shoes will be most welcome and will be sent to a poor area in Kenya, Africa.’
- ‘The summer sales have begun with discounts available on everything from furniture to bedlinen to the latest fashion items.’
- ‘And I've stocked up on new bedlinen because well, most of the old stuff is too small.’
- ‘All the bedlinen and cooking utensils are provided, so all you have got to do is buy the food and cook it.’
- ‘Bursts of colour and personality can be added via furnishings, bedlinen and accessories such as mobiles and wall hangings.’
- ‘Though it has no porthole and is cramped and airless, it is comfortable, with clean white bedlinen, table reading lamps and the inevitable Chinese thermos flasks.’
- ‘Give it a few months and you'll have your very own airing cupboard full of neatly folded bedlinen.’
- ‘All types of clothing, shoes and bedlinen needed.’
- ‘There is an impressive selection of children's furniture and Gustavian French farmhouse-style furniture, as well as a contemporary range of bedlinen, throws and leather and feather cushions.’
- ‘The bedlinen in the main bedroom could be changed to co-ordinate with the rest of the colour scheme - at the moment it is a bit of a clash.’
- ‘That the bedlinen had not been changed since previous occupants departed was substantiated by incontrovertible evidence beneath our pillows.’
- ‘At 54, creature comforts for Stevie Nicks comprise her own bedlinen, her favourite pillow and a much-loved green armchair, but sadly not her Yorkie, Sara Belladonna, named after two big Nicks hits.’
- ‘I found plenty of temptation, with anything from lavender hand-cream and everything to do with olives to designer bedlinen and dainty shoes on offer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.