Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Engage in successive casual sexual affairs:‘a life of bed-hopping’
- ‘Charlie's frequent bed-hopping was a strange thing to be hurt by, but every time he did this, Evander felt that pang of pain and disappointment that he never showed.’
- ‘The output of a booming film industry is obsessed with two themes - the chaos spawned by bed-hopping males and the thrills and spills of messing with magic.’
- ‘Hamish shrugged, not wanting to let her know the real reason behind his bed-hopping ways.’
- ‘For one thing, it has led to an increase in sexually-transmitted diseases, forcing sexually active teens to think twice about bed-hopping.’
- ‘A frustrated Los Angeles writer, who is also a casualty of the bed-hopping Nicole, tells the story.’
- ‘They've far better sex lives than binge-drinking, bed-hopping twentysomethings.’
- ‘Negotiating your way through the flirting etiquette of your average London private member's club, for example, is a social nightmare of bed-hopping, secrets and lies.’
- ‘It matters because, despite my feelings for my sister, I know she's not the type to bed-hop… or whatever you would call it in this situation.’
- ‘More than just another tale about a sleazy bed-hopping lead character who gets his comeuppance, Satisfy My Soul is a smoldering love story with tantalizing dialogue and gritty text.’
- ‘The 33-year-old actress has claimed the British are all bed-hopping partner swappers, the Mirror reported.’
- ‘Jack used to say that they all loved reading it and they were upset if they didn't get a mention, but with all the libellous mentions and all the goss about bed-hopping and all that sort of thing, it was absolutely riveting reading.’
- ‘She comes across as an indiscriminate easy lay, first bed-hopping for the thrill of it and, later, only when it's to her advantage.’
- ‘Meimei is a successful interior designer battling with infertility and married to an unfaithful husband, while Andien, a bed-hopping wife is also married to an unfaithful husband.’
- ‘Caviezel is less than convincing in the crucial role of the accused, while Peet is merely annoying and wasted as Judd's ditsy, bed-hopping sister.’
- ‘There's a little bed-hopping, a lot of tears, and, finally, fond farewells.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.