One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The number of bed blockers in Leeds has plummeted from more than 120 18 months ago, to 40 in the autumn and 13 now.’
- ‘This allows us not to have bed blockers.’
- ‘Over-65 s occupy almost two thirds of hospital beds and are often regarded as bed blockers.’
- ‘The NHS retaliates by fining councils that leave "bed blockers" in hospital.’
- ‘Bed blockers fill acute wards again for lack of services to take them back into the community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.