One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The number of bed blockers in Leeds has plummeted from more than 120 18 months ago, to 40 in the autumn and 13 now.’
- ‘Over-65 s occupy almost two thirds of hospital beds and are often regarded as bed blockers.’
- ‘The NHS retaliates by fining councils that leave "bed blockers" in hospital.’
- ‘Bed blockers fill acute wards again for lack of services to take them back into the community.’
- ‘This allows us not to have bed blockers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.