One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The NHS retaliates by fining councils that leave "bed blockers" in hospital.’
- ‘Bed blockers fill acute wards again for lack of services to take them back into the community.’
- ‘Over-65 s occupy almost two thirds of hospital beds and are often regarded as bed blockers.’
- ‘This allows us not to have bed blockers.’
- ‘The number of bed blockers in Leeds has plummeted from more than 120 18 months ago, to 40 in the autumn and 13 now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.