One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The mode of hairdressing has a great deal to do with the becomingness of hats.’
- ‘And she should not, if she values becomingness, attempt to follow every whim of Fashion.’
- ‘The idea of character denies my becomingness and emphasized my beingness.’
- ‘And talking about a beneficial effect upon a woman's complexion, let me mention once again the exceeding becomingness of the new shades of blue, these being rather of the sugar-paper order of blue, but a little lighter in colour perhaps, yet having that vivid tone about it.’
- ‘Dignified affability is the becomingness of superiority, which while it does not remove the line of distinction, does not render it painfully visible.’
- ‘Delight in the boy can only be sharpened by the pathos and irony of his condition of becomingness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.