One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Irish writer Samuel Beckett or his works.‘the text is very Beckettian in tone’
- ‘The text is, by all accounts, very Beckettian in tone.’
- ‘His brusque dismissal by passers-by lends a tinge of Beckettian pathos to this very plainly told tale.’
- ‘This story is a little complicated and rather absurd, almost in a Beckettian way.’
- ‘In Beckettian performance, the physical encompasses or fringes on the metaphysical.’
- ‘I had the idea for the film when I heard a sort of Beckettian exchange in a cafe.’
An admirer, imitator, or student of the Irish writer Samuel Beckett.‘essays or articles by Beckettians’
- ‘The present issue offers a number of fresh and at times provocative contributions from all over the world - mainly produced by young Beckettians at workshops.’
- ‘This volume includes a number of the articles by young promising Beckettians who brought a touch of excitement to the symposium.’
- ‘We hope in future years to bring American and European Beckettians closer together and to offer informal, social occasions for Beckett scholars to meet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.