One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The point, though, is that this stocking-filler is aimed not at seasoned beboppers, but at young listeners who sense, deep in their bones, that there has to be more to life than techno and Pop Idol.’
- ‘Zootsuit spit-and-polish, like beboppers of the forties and fifties on the sleeves of Hatch's record albums, Ward is leaning against a black hearse, his face cold and blank.’
- ‘Woods, a self confessed ‘old bebopper’, was deeply in thrall to the work of Charlie Parker, but the ERM's remit included nods to the emergent avant garde.’
- ‘I'm not good at anything else, but if I had the skill, I'd have loved to have been a jazz pianist, a bebopper in the '50s.’
- ‘Davis may have gone on to break the trail for cool jazz, modal jazz and fusion, but these early Savoy recordings captured him before the evolution: as a young bebopper surrounded by other luminary musicians.’
- ‘His jazz favourites were both revolutionary beboppers, such as Monk and Parker, and established, crowd-pleasers such as Lionel Hampton and Billy Eckstine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.