One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment in which hairdressing, make-up, and similar cosmetic treatments are carried out professionally.
- ‘And in between you will find a beauty salon, hairdresser and a small fitness centre.’
- ‘After just one massage in the beauty parlour of a star-rated hotel, the size of his waistline was reduced by 2 centimetres.’
- ‘Beauty Paradise is an exclusive beauty salon in Bains Centre in Pioneers Park in Windhoek.’
- ‘Within my eyesight was an investment company, a service station, a funeral home, a beauty salon, and a grocery story.’
- ‘Camelot also provides a hair salon and a beauty salon.’
- ‘As a licensed cosmetologist, CeCe owned and managed a beauty salon in Detroit.’
- ‘And I was aware in a vague, wondering way that for many women, a visit to a beauty salon was as normal as a visit to the hairdresser.’
- ‘With his wife's help, he opened a cosmetics department and developed a beauty salon over his brother's sports shop next door.’
- ‘Melissa and Jessyca had plans to open a beauty salon and were very good and hair and makeup.’
- ‘It may not be advisable to buy expensive beauty treatment equipment to set up a beauty parlour in your home if you have limited space and finances.’
- ‘I went to get a haircut, and found the beauty parlour completely empty.’
- ‘Staff in the beauty salon attend to the bride's hair and make-up.’
- ‘Yesterday as I drove to the beauty salon for my haircut, I was behind a big truck that had this written on the back.’
- ‘Cohen saw potential in a beauty parlour where women could get make-up done, have eyebrows plucked or false eyelash extensions applied.’
- ‘My old barber, astute entrepreneur that he was, turned his barber shop into a salon, and later into a beauty parlour for men.’
- ‘Miss Hamilton had finished an art and design course at Trowbridge College, was working in a beauty salon in Devizes and planned a career as a hairdresser.’
- ‘With this prescription in hand, Jane was despatched to York hair and beauty salon Sota Hairdressing in Micklegate for a new hair-do and makeover.’
- ‘I own a beauty salon and purchased a ticket from one of my clients who was taking part in the fashion show.’
- ‘As a regular member of the Chemo Club for the last seven years, it seems like I've spent more time in the wig shop than the beauty salon.’
- ‘The beauty salon smelled like nail polish and hairspray.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.