Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The consequence of this extension brings into question the public value and benefit of the proposed presumed beautification and civic enhancement.’
- ‘There is nothing wrong with embellishment or beautification.’
- ‘Her fearsome grandmother decamps from her principality to supervise her heir's intensive training and beautification.’
- ‘Picturesque surroundings and marvellous weather provided the ideal setting in which to celebrate the beautification of the thirteen estates which took part in the competition.’
- ‘The program is committed to fostering civic pride, environmental responsibility and beautification through community participation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.