One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A red burgundy wine from the region around Beaune in eastern France.
- ‘Would you decant a £2.99 bottle of plonk into an empty bottle of Beaune Pinot-Noir to impress your guests?’
- ‘Lastly, the Aussies get a white wine riposte, here aimed squarely at Beaune.’
- ‘Bouchard Pere et Fils produced a stunning white AC Beaune 1997 at around €30.’
- ‘Before the enforcement of appellation contrôlée regulations many local wines were sold as Beaune as a readily marketable label of convenience.’
- ‘This is Chardonnay in a rich Beaune style and is very much a fashion maverick compared to supermodel lean styles in vogue.’
- ‘It was dreamed up by a Beaune shipper, Robert Drouhin (who has since publicly regretted his idea) and was based on the official release date of the new wine, November 15.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.