One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A red burgundy wine from the region around Beaune in eastern France.
- ‘It was dreamed up by a Beaune shipper, Robert Drouhin (who has since publicly regretted his idea) and was based on the official release date of the new wine, November 15.’
- ‘This is Chardonnay in a rich Beaune style and is very much a fashion maverick compared to supermodel lean styles in vogue.’
- ‘Bouchard Pere et Fils produced a stunning white AC Beaune 1997 at around €30.’
- ‘Before the enforcement of appellation contrôlée regulations many local wines were sold as Beaune as a readily marketable label of convenience.’
- ‘Lastly, the Aussies get a white wine riposte, here aimed squarely at Beaune.’
- ‘Would you decant a £2.99 bottle of plonk into an empty bottle of Beaune Pinot-Noir to impress your guests?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.