Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘A brief lull in his barrage of worshipful text was devoted to his signature beatboxing.’
- ‘The album closes with "Hold On to Distance," a remarkable song built on echoing drums and beatboxing.’
- ‘It was two MCs, and then me doing the beat-boxing.’
- ‘He also did a bit of dancing and beat boxing, which was cool.’
- ‘Mr. Avery apparently plays the harmonica and augments the chords with simultaneous beat-boxing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.