One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is going to be hard to beat, but he is definitely beatable.’
- ‘‘They are beatable,’ he stated, ‘just like any other team.’’
- ‘That's when an army, filled with despair, becomes beatable even by inferior forces.’
- ‘The record is certainly beatable, and I'm quite convinced that a decent athlete could easily go under nine hours.’
- ‘When I was first diagnosed it wasn't a surprise, earlier tests had said I was at risk and then when it was confirmed I was at the early stages so it was very beatable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.