One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the late '50s, his paintings became populated with stumpy, beastlike figures, often adorned with military medals.’
- ‘Children at Meridian Primary School have completed three murals showing monsters, goblins and other beast-like characters.’
- ‘The man uttered a guttural, beastlike sound.’
- ‘At times, he's crawling, beast-like across the floor, venting enough raw emotion and passion to land him the lead in a West End musical.’
- ‘That is how the horned god came to be seen as the devil: a beastlike figure used by early Christians to engender fear of nature religions.’
- ‘This has enabled the human race to shift the condition of humanity from a beast-like going into the stall, or hunting in the woods, into the ability to have an intellectual life, a human form of cultural life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.