Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Currently, the levels have just retreated from excessive bearishness and are thus moderately bullish.’
- ‘Recall that dollar bearishness reached a low ebb in all surveys we follow four weeks ago.’
- ‘With a mood of extreme bearishness shrouding the market, most dealers said it was difficult to project when a technical rebound would happen.’
- ‘The local currency, which opened at NT $33.832, rose for a fourth day amid continued bearishness versus the greenback.’
- ‘Contrarians might take the view that there is still not enough bearishness or panic in the market to warrant a bottom.’
- ‘De-coupling is the chief reason why my ongoing bearishness has failed to materialize.’
- ‘He projected that the market would continue to experience bearishness for a short run.’
- ‘It has arguably been the worst week this year for technology stocks, and that's saying something given the bearishness of the past month.’
- ‘Looking at weekly charts of company XYZ's stock, we notice some basic swings between bullishness and bearishness that each last about five days.’
- ‘Extreme bearishness would be any number close to + 10, which would give a signal that the market is about to change in a positive direction, with the bulls taking control.’
- ‘Part of the answer may lie in the peculiar economic euphoria of the mid- and late '90s, when bearishness began to seem unpatriotic and prosperity looked like a permanent entitlement.’
- ‘Get your timing wrong, on either your exit from the market or your re-entry, and much of your bearishness would have been in vain.’
- ‘Sentiment indicators have dollar bearishness at very high levels, and there is a lot of bearish dollar talk these days in the media.’
- ‘If you ask me, though, the bearishness is overdone.’
- ‘Until the receipt of the one critical letter as mentioned above, I do not recall any others criticizing my bearishness.’
- ‘As bearishness has spread across the globe, investors have been quick to take profits and withdraw from riskier areas such as emerging markets.’
- ‘Only an extreme bullish reading on the Bullish Review would indicate uncommon bullishness of the commodity commitments; likewise, only an extreme bearish reading would indicate uncommon bearishness.’
- ‘On 9 / 10, I published a missive expressing incremental optimism on gold and incremental bearishness on the dollar.’
- ‘In fact we welcomed the continued bearishness.’
- ‘A rising open interest demonstrates that bulls are confident enough to enter into contracts with bears, who are equally confident in their bearishness to enter into the position.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.