One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Was anyone else disturbed by yesterday's ‘will I greet him or will I biff him’ handshake so bearishly and boorishly inflicted on the PM?’
- ‘The small caps also had a strong showing with the Russell 2000 rising 5%. For the blue chips, after a very strong start, the week ended bearishly.’
- ‘Some analysts bearishly predict the market is about to ‘top out‘.’
- ‘It was another disjointed week, although one that ended bearishly.’
- ‘Hareton's whiskers, for example, ‘encroach bearishly over his cheeks'.’
- ‘At 46, he's 6ft 5in, bearishly built, with a strong jaw and a nose that has taken the scenic route down his face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.