One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Yield positive results.‘plans for power-sharing may be about to bear fruit’
yield results, get results, succeed, meet with success, be successful, be effective, be profitable, work, go as plannedView synonyms
- ‘His steady and competent effort bore fruit beyond estimate and stand today in near and distant places as generous monuments to his skill.’
- ‘Inventor 11 might just be a milestone for Autodesk, where the promises and potential of a system finally start to bear fruit.’
- ‘His experience of Japan in 1937-38 and his own exhibition on Tokyo bore fruit in his Mussoorie productions.’
- ‘Despite their doubts in his project, his strong sense of faith bore fruit and now, 30 years on, his son continues the work and people from far and near visit his orchard’
- ‘But the effort is yet to bear fruit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.